join our team
Maricann Group Inc is a medical cannabis company that serves thousands of patients. We are currently expanding our cultivation, extraction, analytics and production facilities to elevate offerings and prepare for growth into the adult-use cannabis market in Canada, and ultimately into mature and developing cannabis markets worldwide. With dedication to quality, integrity, authenticity, approach-ability and innovation, Maricann strives to exceed expectations and industry standards.
Current Open Positions
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Reports To: Quality Assurance Person (QAP)
Job Location: Langton ON
- Ensure quality of Medical Cannabis (product) produced, stored, packaged and labelled at MCI before it is made available for provision or sale via monitoring these processes in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Specifications and Good Production Practices;
- Conduct QA inspection and verification of incoming materials and components;
- Ensure cleaning and sanitation program is followed;
- Conduct QA inspection and verification of production areas, equipment and techniques;
- Conduct QA verification, sampling, inspection and in-process controls of product and finished goods, including maintenance of product test and retention samples;
- Preparation and control of shipping orders and test submissions for test samples;
- Issue, control and maintain necessary batch production, packaging and labelling documents;
- Assist the QA specialist as required in ensuring production personnel are following proper procedure for ongoing production checks;
- If necessary participate in review and verification of batch production, packaging, labelling and testing records in accordance with procedures and compliance requirements
- Maintain QA records in accordance with retention process;
- Assist the QA specialist by participating in QA evaluation, assessment and investigation in respect of out-of-specification test results, returned product, deviations, adverse events, product complaints, loss or theft, security occurrence, and assist with problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective actions, as appropriate;
- Maintain accurate QA documentation and records;
- Assist the QA specialist in ensuring product is released and approved by the QAP before it is made available for provision or sale;
- Assist the QA Specialist and QA supervisor in development and maintenance of quality procedures and work instructions;
- Provide quality management with detailed quality and compliance reports as required;
- Other duties as required by quality management;
- Assist in GPP, compliance and RA governed internal and external activities, including inspections by government agencies (Health Canada), as appropriate;
- Gain additional experience by learning from the QA specialist and the QA supervisor
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a science or pharmaceutical field preferred or minimum of three years demonstrated success in a Pharmaceutical, / NHP / Medical Cannabis industry in Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Regulatory Affairs / Compliance or equivalent environment.
- Good working knowledge of GPP requirements and ACMPR regulations
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office Programs;
- Security clearance by Health Canada under the ACMPR will be required.
- Demonstrated self -starter abilities to perform work with minimal supervision as well as a team player.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving ability to deliver on the QA mandate
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high performing team environment
- Self-motivated; willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility with minimal direction
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate the importance of the QA function with all levels at Maricann and externally to deliver on objectives.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are required
100 Wellington St W, Toronto, ON M5J 2R2
845 Harrington Ct Unit 3, Burlington, ON L7N 3P3